Opportunity Overview in Embedded Wireless Modules
The new leader will manage a multi-disciplined engineering team consisting of software, hardware and test functions. Success will be measured by the individual’s ability to lead and deliver embedded wireless modules product development results that profitably impact the smart grid infrastructure marketplace. About the Company Our client is a developer and manufacturer of ruggedized embedded wireless modules network management and control equipment such as access points, switches, media converters and routers. A small, nimble company with P/E backing and existing products and revenue flow, our client will offer an entrepreneurial-minded engineering leader the chance to develop innovative products in a low bureaucracy environment. The Executive Value Proposition The embedded wireless modules Senior Manager of Engineering position comes with excellent industry level compensation including base salary and bonus. Local candidates or those not requiring relocation preferred. This is a growing organization within a highly competitive and growing industry know for its innovative products. Performance Objectives of the Role The primary deliverable for the new manager in the near term is to develop effective project management, configuration, integration, and documentation processes within a group of uniquely talented individuals. As this center grows, the inter-relationship between the remote engineering centers will be a key factor in the company’s success. You will lead the software, hardware and DVT/SVT development for Ethernet switching, router products, and embedded wireless modules in new product development by defining a multi-year software platform roadmap. In addition, revise products as requested to meet changing market requirements, support hardware end of life changes, and sustaining engineering. Major Responsibilities for Success in this Role
- Technical Management
- Provide full lifecycle product development management for software, hardware and DVT/SVT engineering teams from design through manufacturing of embedded wireless modules.
- Maintain and successfully deliver on current program/project schedules and road maps.
- Act as the group’s primary interface to manufacturing, operations and other functions within the organization.
- Collaborate with peers and subordinates at remote locations to include the Midwestern United States and Europe.
- Identify and support high-potential employees.
- Conduct performance reviews annually.
- Process Leadership
- Leverage Agile development methodologies.
- Proactively champion process improvements to speed development times, ensure quality and design for manufacturing of embedded wireless modules.
- Ensure the team has sufficient resources, tools, and training to perform at the highest level.
- New Product Development
- Lead engineering efforts for the current product development roadmap.
- Ensure the team incorporates state of the art technologies in current and future embedded wireless modules development efforts.
- Together with the product manager develop specifications and plans for new products and sustaining efforts as well as a multi-year roadmap for the group’s products.
- Revise products as requested to meet changing market requirements, support hardware end of life changes, and general sustaining engineering.
Minimum Requirements to Apply
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Proven success participating in an Agile development environment.
- Must have experience managing the development of embedded wireless modules, systems and must have knowledge of core network infrastructure products.
- Successful experience with development of Ethernet and/or TCP/IP based network products is highly desired. Knowledge of software development involving embedded Linux applications is also essential.
- Demonstrated engineering management skills, including team development and project management.
- Proven track record of meeting cost, schedule and performance goals.
- US Citizen or Green Card, sorry no H1B available.
Ideal Candidate Profile for Senior Manager Embedded Wireless Modules Engineering
Our client will hire a dynamic and highly-motivated leader with a passion for innovation and creativity. A great fit for this opportunity will be an entrepreneurial-minded engineering manager who wants to inspire a small team of highly talented engineers to greatness and deliver cool new embedded wireless and ethernet WiFi products in a cool new area within all flavors of wireless. To apply click here or call Craig Hufford (630) 378-0005.