Onboarding Begins at the Top
NextGen has developed a Talent Management System to help workforces become more productive. A custom onboarding plan includes mentoring, coaching, and action plans that can be measured. It starts with a Job Survey (brief 15-minute online survey) taken by the executive team to arrive at a composite and comprehensive Executive Team Profile.
Department heads then take a brief Job Survey and a Word Survey, and the survey results are compared to the Executive Team Profile. This identifies if those department heads are properly aligned for their roles by identifying their behavioral patterns; and the ability to sell solutions and persuade others. The basis of constructing a proper onboarding plan begins here.
Each non-management team member then takes a Word Survey. This allows department heads and management to view how each staff member impacts team dynamics by looking at how his/her style might influence those dynamics. Proper onboarding makes for better hiring decisions, utilize strengths of individuals and realize their weaknesses, as well as how best to coach, mentor, and manage both individuals and teams.
The #1 reason for new hire failure has nothing to do with skills and experience; rather it is a failure to gel with the team, personality conflicts often ensue, or the particular behavioral/temperament strengths of the person are underutilized. A one-size-fits-all onboarding plan does not work as individuals and teams are unique.
Composite Job Survey
- Reveals the specified behavior pattern and the expectations for high performance in each role.
- Summarizes how the leader should approach motivating, onboarding, team building.
- Identifies the Desired Candidate or Employee's ideal decision making / problem solving traits and relational communications style for that role
- Reveals how the team and individual sells their ideas and risk assessment plus how they can lead change efforts.
Role / Team Fit Analysis
- Reveals a Potential Candidate or Employee’s behavioral pattern; how well he/she fits the role they are in.
- Enables leadership to understand the candidate / employee inner needs to assess whether they are being met in his/her current job or if they would realistically be met in a new role.
- Developmental Learning Style report build the onboarding plan with the correct mentoring / coaching or training approach.
- Team Approach report helps you to understand how he/she works within the team and impact team dynamics.
Face-to-Face Interview Guide
- Compares the profile of a Candidate to the role demands. Assists the Hiring Team with an interview strategy that probes more deeply into on-the-job behaviors.
- If you spend the interview on screening the candidate’s background, accomplishments, etc. the recruiter FAILED to do his/her job.
- NextGen delivers documented details on everything about the candidate proving requisite expertise to meet or exceed the role’s objectives.
- Shortlisted candidates (2-3) each come with a custom onboarding plan.
Improve ROI / Team Performance with Proper Onboarding
The Talent Management evaluation system that utilizes mission/vision/values is most relevant. Executives need to identify the strengths and weaknesses of individuals to align a team properly. Combined with an efficient onboarding plan for mentoring and coaching, average performers turn into top performers.
The principals at NextGen have developed the Leadership Vault, in cooperation with McQuaig Psychometric Systems, to produce tools that enable best practice Talent Management, proper Staff Alignment, a custom onboarding plan, and improves Talent Acquisition.
Whether you are in the Aerospace Power, Cyber / Mobile Security, Medical Devices, Wireless Telecom, or Internet of Things markets, rest assured that linking the talent management and talent acquisition process to a strategic onboarding process for new hires turns organizations into vibrant communities. As a result of engaging NextGen to help with Talent Management, you will:
- Significantly reduce hiring costs
- Reduce turnover with custom onboarding for recruiting ROI
- Competent decision-making taking place at lower levels
- Hiring managers interview the "right" candidates
Talent Management - Alignment - Onboarding
Get an inside look at our talent management, alignment, and onboarding tools!
Ready for More Productive Teams?